[asterisk-dev] feature discussion: making app_dial resources configurable for parking timeout

Caio Begotti caio at ueberalles.net
Wed Mar 14 07:58:39 MST 2007

On 13/03/2007, at 10:44, Caio Begotti wrote:
> Hi! Serge-v told me to try to discuss this directly on the list
> (not in the bug tracker): http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9259
> It's not that interesting to have the "t" in this dial (shown right
> below) without being able to personalize the other dial options and
> flags.

Last night I was thinking about that and I realized that actually it
may be a bug...

I hope to explain my idea clearly: my extensions and dial strings are
dynamic (changes all the time, each user modifying its parameters as
they want). Each user has his own set of dial flags, they can be
allowed to monitor calls, to activate blind and attended transfer and
park calls OR NOT. If I set a given extension to NOT be allowed to
make any transfer and I park him, actually the call will return after
parking's default timeout to the internal context "park-dial" with
this "t" flag. Thus my whole permission system is gone and broken.

I understand that I chose to develop such permission thing but
Asterisk has a hard-coded dial option that can bother admins not
interested in any kind of transfers being made by his users. I'd even
name this a security problem, in the sense Asterisk could not
workaround configured permissions.

Should it be handled like a bug in Mantis then?

--
caio[1982] begotti
http://caio.ueberalles.net