[asterisk-dev] IAX native bridge and call duration limit.

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Mon Mar 12 01:12:57 MST 2007

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 14:42:35 -0400, Kevin P. Fleming wrote
> Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
> > This is reasonable, we don't want to hand over the control channel if we
> > want to control the call duration. But what if we have setting
> > "transfer=mediaonly" in iax.conf? To my understanding on media only
> > native bridge we can setup native bridge and control the call duration,
> > isn't it (the same way like sip reinvite works)? Please give me any
> > hints why it might not work and ideas on how that may be implemented.
>
> Your analysis is correct; if transfer=mediaonly is configured for both
> IAX2 endpoints, then it would be safe to do a native bridge even if a
> call time limit exists, assuming the iax2_bridge function did the
> correct thing with the timelimit (which it currently does not).

If the S() option is used - yes, but L() also needs to play warnings on the
channel(s), which is not possible without media path.
The S() option does not set config->timelimit, but uses channel->whentohangup
and in this case it is possible to leave the media to native bridge, but not
with L().