[asterisk-dev] Re: chan_cellphone and Asterisk 1.2.x

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Mar 8 23:46:19 MST 2007

----- "David Bowerman" <david.bowerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is ultimately a question for the Digium folk as to the
> fate of chan_cellphone.
>
> If chan_cellphone becomes part of standard Asterisk codebase, then
> that is the place for it, and i'm more than happy to maintain both a
> 1.2 and 1.4 version.

Unless there is some legal reason why we would not be able to include it, which my current understanding is that there is none, then it is reasonable to expect that this module will be merged into the trunk, and will be included in Asterisk 1.6.

Our policy to not introduce new features into release branches means that this is not a candidate to be officially included in the 1.2 or 1.4 branches.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer