[asterisk-dev] AMR support in Asterisk-SVN (codec_amr.so)

Olle E Johansson olle at voop.com
Tue Mar 6 03:42:53 MST 2007

6 mar 2007 kl. 03.26 skrev Paul Bagyenda:

> Hi,
>
>  I've just done a first stab at AMR-NB (http://en.wikipedia.org/
> wiki/Adaptive_Multi-Rate) support in Asterisk (SVN). It is tested
> with at least one device (Nokia E-series) and works fine. I hope
> this proves useful to people out there, comments/views welcome.
>
>  Also I'd like to solicit views on how to get past one fairly
> significant issue: Asterisk does not seem to provide a clean way to
> get access to/provide out-of-band signalling info, such as what one
> gets via SDP on a SIP channel. For AMR this is important since this
> information tells us how the client intends to code the AMR packets
> (see RFC 3267, Sect. 8.1). A first glance seems to suggest we need
> some major surgery to some key modules to allow this...

Please look at the branch called "videocaps" in my directory on the
svn server. In that branch, we've added code
to handle capabilities for video codecs, where it's not enough to say
"I have this codec". This can be used
for audio codecs too and we need to look into it for both Speex, G.
729 and AMR.

/O