[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] crichter: branch 1.2 r72087 - /branches/1.2/channels/misdn/

Christian crich-ml at beronet.com
Wed Jun 27 08:42:11 CDT 2007

Russell Bryant wrote:
> SVN commits to the Digium repositories wrote:
>
>> Author: crichter
>> Date: Wed Jun 27 04:26:53 2007
>> New Revision: 72087

>> Log:
>> simplified channel finding and locking a lot. removed unnecessary #ifdefed areas.
>>

> Judging by this commit message, these types of changes really aren't in line
> with our standards for what should be changed in release branches.  The general
> rule is to only change release branches to fix specific known bugs.  Changes
> that you could classify as "code cleanup" are generally not appropriate.

OK, you're right in general

but in this specific case i'm trying to fix known issues, unfortunately
when coming across "needed code cleanup", i just do it ;) .. anyway i'll
be more careful in differentiating code cleanups and bug fixes.

regarding the simplifications, it is necessary to do them, because there
are known issues that need a fix, if i don't simplify some specific code
areas i'll be forced to make a fix in multiple positions in the file,
which on the other hand might cause bugs again ..

> If you are ever not sure if something is appropriate for changing in release
> branches, just bring it up on this list and others will be happy to weigh in
> with thoughts and opinions.

OK, i'll gladly do that :)