[asterisk-dev] Thoughts on the messages dealing with temporary

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Jun 26 10:48:33 CDT 2007

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Monday 25 June 2007, Eric Caron wrote:
>> Should I assume from the lack of replies that the powers-that-be prefer
>> it the way it is and think this is a bad idea?
>
> Lack of replies usually indicates lack of interest, not lack of support.  The
> biggest impediment to changes like this tends to be getting the recording
> changed, not changing the code.  Get the recording done, and uploaded to the
> bugtracker, and I think you'll find that it gets committed swiftly.

My users constantly complain that the Asterisk voicemail system is
complicated and hard to use.  I usually offer to rewrite the voicemail
system for an hourly fee.  They shut up when I give them an estimate on
the cost for doing this.

Usually I just ignore these users.  My cat is more tech savvy then most
of these users.

ANY change to help make VM easier is appreciated.