[asterisk-dev] libpri non call control messages

Terry Markovich terry at avionictools.com
Thu Jun 21 07:12:59 CDT 2007

I have a requirement to implement some non call control messages on an
E1 PRI.  For the hardware I am interfacing with, it is called "equipment
control".  These messages all have a SAPI of 2.  I'm trying to
understand if part of my requirements already exist in libpri.  Looking
through pri.c, q921.c, and q931.c, I see references to subchannels (in
relation to GR303).  Is a subchannel a different logical link with a
different SAPI?  So if I wanted to receive/send messages with SAPI 2,
would I just establish a subchannel ?  Has anyone done something similar
to this that they can share?

Thanks,
Terry