[asterisk-dev] Custom Command

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jun 21 00:50:56 CDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 11:49:55AM +0800, ZhangZQ wrote:
> HI,
>
> I am new to Asterisk and just setup a asterisk. I want to extend the
> existing Asterisk command(application) to do something special such as
> turnning on a switch by setting the IO in parallel port after retrieving a
> specified DTMF code, but I don't know where can I find the information to
> extent the Asterisk command. If somebody know please let me know, thank you.

There is no point for hardwiring such a capability directly into
Asterisk. Normally you would use System() command or the SYSTEM function
from the dialplan to run a custom command. If you need to interact with
it, use AGI.

  http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+command+system
  http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+function+system
  http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+AGI

Please follow-up on the asterisk-users mailing list, as this list is
intended for cases where changing an asterisk application is indeed
needed.

Cheers,

--
               Tzafrir Cohen