[asterisk-dev] Advice to Hack on MixMonitor or Monitor

Edgar A. Luna Diaz ealuna at unificateleservices.com
Tue Jun 19 11:55:54 CDT 2007

Hi,

I work for a company that is trying to use asterisk as its VoIP
platform, and now we have done a some tests in our environment and
the actual problem we want to solve in order to really use it is that
all the calls that are made with asterisk could be recorded
fine. Actually we can use asterisk without much problems in
configurations or any like that, but I have two different issues which
each one of the applications that Asterisk provide to record calls:

MixMonitor
Even when is reported solved in 1.2.7
(http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6457) when we tested 1.2.12.1 we
saw that some recordings are stopped before the calls end.

Monitor
Syncronization of two legs. When mixing is activated the result file
doesn't has both legs in sync. I tried with `b' option and without it.

We are in the position to possibly hire someone to fix one of this
(with your help if possible).

So the question is, based on you knowledge of code and how are each of
this maintained, which do you think is the best to try to fix?

Any advice is well appreciated.

Thanks,
Edgar Luna