[asterisk-dev] Issue 9991, duplicate sounds in core vs extra

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Tue Jun 19 11:52:39 CDT 2007

I'd like to get some opinions from the community regarding issue 9991 - http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9991  There are two sound files that are in both core and extra sounds with the same filename.  Normally, we would simply remove the files from extra since the files in core are of far higher quality, however, this case is a little different.

The two files in question are "conf-thereare" and "invalid".  The problem that I've run into, is that the sound files are not the same between core and extra.

conf-thereare in extra says "There are", while in core it says "There are currently"
invalid in extra says "That option is invalid, please try again", while in core it says "I am sorry, that is not a valid extension.  Please try again."

The obvious two choices here are just deleting the files in extra and disregarding the fact that they're different, or renaming the files in extra to something like "thereare" and "invalid-option".  If people are currently using these files, it's possible that they may be relying on the "text" of the copies that are in extra instead of the ones in core.

What do you all think we should do here?

--
Jason Parker
Digium