[asterisk-dev] Mantis Changes Ready for Testing

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jun 14 11:26:26 CDT 2007

Caio Begotti wrote:

> Russell, did you guys have sent this upstream for an official inclusion
> in Mantis?

We plan on submitting all our changes upstream once they have been
debugged (and assuming they have any general applicability).

> That's just great! Was it sent upstream as well? That'd be awesome in
> Mantis, *finally*. Also, should it apply for old bugs as well or the
> code only works for bugs to come? Just checking...

When we do the migration, we might try to automatically add links for
all old bugs, but we haven't talked about it yet.

> Will the demo in http://insects.digium.com keep the agreements after the
> whole migration or we'll have to sign it again later? I don't know if
> you plan to sync the issues data between servers until that.

All the data on insects.digium.com will go away when we go live and
re-migrate the data from the live bug tracker. Everything on the
insects.digium.com is *testing* data only.

> By the way, people that have already faxed their agreements will need to
> sign it online one more time or the contributors database will take care
> of it? Maybe it would be nice to have a page to check the status of the
> license agreement, after signing mine I didn't find that link anymore.

All contributors on the new system will have to sign/accept the new
license agreement, even if they have an existing one in place. There
won't be any need for a status page, as once the changes are complete
you will receive an email confirming that your license agreement has
been reviewed, accepted and activated. You can still upload code
submissions while it is in 'pending' status, but those submissions won't
be visible to any users until your agreement is activated by our legal
department.

Also note that the license agreement text currently on the site is not
the final version; we have one more round of minor changes to make for
the electronic version before it will become official.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies