[asterisk-dev] On hook reversals

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Jun 4 16:55:49 MST 2007

Hi all,

In the Zaptel code, the ZT_SETREVERSAL command tries to prevent
reversals from being set while the loop is open. This test seems to fail
under some circumstances, as I have had the driver in a state where
reversals work just fine while the loop is open. I'm not clear what gets
the driver in that state. However, my actual problem is I really need to
generate reversals when the loop is open. Some of the caller ID specs
require this. Can anyone tell me why these reversals are prevented, when
it seems the hardware is quite happy to perform an on-hook reversal?

Steve