[asterisk-dev] ToDo for chan_skinny

Damien voip at facts.com.au
Fri Jun 1 01:09:12 MST 2007

Simon Lockhart wrote:
> On Thu May 31, 2007 at 04:02:21PM -0700, Dan Austin wrote:
>
>>> 0008394: chan_skinny doesn't send keepalives (doesn't detect
>>> disconnected/death phones)
>>>
>> I may have mis-understood this one.  The phone is responsible
>> for requesting/sending the keep-alive.  The channel just needs
>> to record it.
>>

> I think the point is that chan_skinny doesn't need to send keepalive requests,
> but rather time-out phones which haven't sent a keepalive for a while.
>
> Simon

Actually, I think that chan_skinny does need to respond with a
KeepAliveAck. I think that if it doesn't the device will think that the
message hasn't been received and will probably start spitting out
KeepAlives at a rapid rate until it reaches the timeout, and then it may
reset itself.

I'd suggest adding keepalive to the switch in handle_message. It should
update a time for each device and return a keepaliveack message to the
device. Then the cleanup function can be used to check the times and see
if any device is dead. Also, I think that you have to configure the
device to send the keepalives as part of the register message.

Damien