[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] rizzo: trunk r77739 - /trunk/channels/chan_sip.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jul 30 17:33:29 CDT 2007

SVN commits to the Asterisk project wrote:

> Log:
> move some dialog-only flags to proper variables, namely
> SIP_NOVIDEO, SIP_DIALOG_ANSWEREDELSEWHERE, SIP_PAGE2_NOTEXT,
> SIP_PAGE2_OUTGOING_CALL
> These are seldom used so the diff is relatively small.

So you are reverting the changes we made that combined all these 'char'
structure fields into bitfields, thus increasing the size of sip_pvt by
a noticeable amount, for flags that you say are seldom used.

Can you describe why you think using 'char' variables for these is
better than a single bit in an 'int'?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies