[asterisk-dev] chan_sip.c: how to get phone source and destination

Fadil Sutomo fsutomo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:06:35 CDT 2007

Hi Lorenzo,

Thank You for your help. Can you please tell me a little bit about
pbx_builtin_getvar_helper.. where it is located, what''s the return value,
etc.

Anyway, I am sorry, but maybe I have to explain what I am doing.

Basically, I create an extra field for each asterisk client (SIP client).
Say, "database location".

In order to use this field, then each client has to use this field through
sip.conf.
For example:
[Xlite]
username=Fadil
secret=fadil
..
..
database_location=/home/fadil/MySQL

I modify chan_sip in order to do this.

Now, what I want to do is to access this location "on-the-fly", that is
accessing this field while the phone is answered. And I am doing this in
app_dial.c.

Now my question: is there any way from app_dial.c to access the field that I
created in chan_sip.c (database_location) ?

Thank You
Fadil