[asterisk-dev] application argument delimeters

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Jul 25 19:19:33 CDT 2007

John Todd wrote:
> I would agree with Tilghman here.  There are already quite a few
> examples of deprecated applications turning into functions, which
> tend to break older dialplans already.

Well, all of those examples are done over two releases.  In one release the use
of the deprecated applications generates warning messages, and then it is
removed in the next one.

Anyway, I can see how in the case of this one, it is unreasonable to try to use
some sort of phased deprecation.  Thank you for the responses.

I apologize if I seemed like a squeaky wheel on this one.  I just like to be
absolutely sure about any changes that affect compatibility.  :)

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer