[asterisk-dev] patch for video display on chan_oss.c

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Wed Jul 25 16:18:40 CDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 05:03:30PM -0400, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > + have SDL and ffmpeg installed (no autoconf support yet);
>
> Just in case anyone else was curious about the licensing of these libraries,
> I'll include it here since I just looked it up.
>
> libsdl: LGPL
>
> ffmpeg: mostly LGPL, but contains some GPL components (libpostproc and
> libswscale).  If they get used, then the GPL applies to all of ffmpeg.

i don't think we use any of these parts (we really use the basic codec stuff).

> So, assuming that this can be done without requiring the GPL components of
> ffmpeg, this is something that we could eventually include in the main Asterisk
> distribution, which is pretty awesome.  :)

even more awesome is the fact that if you don't have X, ffmpeg will try
to use aalib to render the output... which at videoconf resolutions
is not _that_ unreasonable...

BTW what's the status of your effort on chan_console so
we can possibly avoid duplicating the functionality in alsa/oss ?

cheers
luigi