[asterisk-dev] patch for video display on chan_oss.c

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Jul 25 16:03:30 CDT 2007

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> + have SDL and ffmpeg installed (no autoconf support yet);

Just in case anyone else was curious about the licensing of these libraries,
I'll include it here since I just looked it up.

libsdl: LGPL

ffmpeg: mostly LGPL, but contains some GPL components (libpostproc and
libswscale).  If they get used, then the GPL applies to all of ffmpeg.

So, assuming that this can be done without requiring the GPL components of
ffmpeg, this is something that we could eventually include in the main Asterisk
distribution, which is pretty awesome.  :)

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer