[asterisk-dev] Extending failures cases with autodialout

Sébastien SOILEN sebastien at soilen.net
Wed Jul 25 03:32:47 CDT 2007

Hello,

I would like to suggest an extension in the management of the failures cases
for the auto dialout.

Now if we use the outgoing calls queue and we encounter any problems with
the call (not answered, busy, congestion...) the extension 'failed' is
executed if defined without possible further control of the failure reason.

This is a special need for a vocal service I am building. I use an Dialogic
Diva analog card
and I would like to control the state of line after the call attempt. In
this case, it is not possible
to use the Asterisk internal variables to know the line state.

I found the part of the code which should be modified:
the function is ast_pbx_outgoing_exten. It should be necessary to change the
part
which looks for the 'failed' extension and add another optional extensions
('busy', 'notanswered'...). The idea is to use the 'res' variable to define
which extensions we
want to execute. Of course, this should be backward compatible by keeping
the global
'failed' extension.

If the modification seems you interesting and correct, I´ll need to know
which
error extensions I´ll need to cover (busy, congestion, not answered...
other?)
and which values the 'res' variable could contain.

Regards

--
SOILEN Sébastien
sebastien at soilen.net