[asterisk-dev] Asterisk STUN Client

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Jul 24 04:14:21 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 10:41:55AM +0200, Gregory Nietsky wrote:

> Hi there all I have written a stun client that fits into rtp at the moment
> it basically completes a RFC stun discovery using the socket of the rtp
> struct.
>
> This allows the manipulation of rtp traffic for nat traversal.
>
> Id like to submit this for a more generic inclusion in asterisk and move all
> the stun bits from rtp.c/h to stun.c/h for use by other users ie SIP.
>
> The client is complete and works well for my purpose is there a demand for a
> generic STUN interface in asterisk ??

to tell the truth, the basic stun dialogue has been recently
revised (in rtp.c) and used in chan_sip.c for the main
socket. Adding stun support to the RTP streams is certainly
welcome, but in the simplest form is as trivial as adding this call

	ast_stun_request(rtp->s, &stunaddr, NULL, &rtp->us);

right after the call to ast_rtp_new_with_bindaddr()

The reason i have not done it yet is because the call is blocking,
and i am trying to figure out a better way to do it. If you do
have a solution to this problem i'd love to hear.

	cheers
	luigi