[asterisk-dev] SIP Not Showing Disconnect

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at blasgen.com
Sun Jul 22 14:20:38 CDT 2007

I've been having some problems recently with Asterisk thinking a SIP phone
is still connected.  These are GrandStream Budge Tone 102's and even after
someone hangs up the AGI script I have running for them is still looping.
The AGI script keeps playing "beep" untill it's told to continue by the
user.  But if the user has hung up the phone, the script just keeps looping
and looping, and that causes a bunch of problems for me.  Is there any way
to do something on the line that would make Asterisk realize the phone isn't
connected anymore?  I would have thought something like playing a file would
fix it all.  Thought Asterisk would require a response from the SIP phone
saying it got the message, and when the SIP phone didn't reply it would hang
up the line.

=======================

    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (PLAYBACK) Options: (beep)
    -- <SIP/josh-08be5690> Playing 'beep' (language 'en')
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (PLAYBACK) Options: (beep)
    -- <SIP/josh-08c391b8> Playing 'beep' (language 'en')
www*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Port     Status
josh/josh                  66.205.135.100   D   N      1024     UNREACHABLE

As you can see I've even unplugged the SIP phone and Asterisk is still
keeping TWO (2) lines open to user "josh" even though Josh isn't reachable
anymore.  So even removing the phone from the network doesn't make Asterisk
realize the phone isn't there anymore.  Suggestions please!

--
/Nick