[asterisk-dev] Proper use of locking.

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Jul 20 17:21:00 CDT 2007

Michael Cargile wrote:
> Is this true for ast_verbose, ast_debug, ast_cli, manager_event, and any
> of the other common I/O type functions? If so then I can focus my
> efforts else where.

ast_verbose(), yes.

ast_debug is just a macro around ast_log(), so yes.

ast_cli(), no.  This is basically just a printf to a raw fd.  However,
the only time it is used while holding critical locks is within CLI
command handlers, which are not in use during normal system operation.

manager_event(), Yes.

Of course, all of this code is available and it doesn't take very long
at all to see for yourself ...

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer