[asterisk-dev] Proper use of locking.

Michael Cargile mcargile at explido.us
Fri Jul 20 16:07:59 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 15:21 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Nobody is going to argue with you about Asterisk not being perfect.  We
> would be more than happy to have you and anyone else involved in
> development efforts.

And we are happy to give it.

> "Code is louder than words".  Did someone famous say that?  I'm sure
> someone did at some point ...

I fully agree and this is why I am working on app_meetme for SVN right
now.

> If you'd like to write a section on this, that would be welcome. Just
> post it to http://bugs.digium.com/ and it can be merged.

Thank you, I will get on that.

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 15:15 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Derek Smithies wrote:
> > And of the need to copy data (which is reported for logging (say)) and
> > then freeing the mutex in the minimum of time - is there any plan of work
> > in this direction ?
>
> ast_log() in trunk already does this.  It tacks it on to the end of a
> pending log messages list and returns.

Is this true for ast_verbose, ast_debug, ast_cli, manager_event, and any
of the other common I/O type functions? If so then I can focus my
efforts else where.

Michael Cargile
Explido Software USA Inc.
www.explido.us