[asterisk-dev] Please unsuspend http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4610

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Wed Jul 11 06:25:39 CDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Stephen Davies <stephen.l.davies at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bug 4610 relates to not being able to register to an Asterisk box that
> is behind a Pix firewall that is doing SIP protocol "fixup".

I've re-opened the bug for you.

> Cisco should fix this.  A workaround is to replace the ip address with
> a DNS name (IE register => user:pass at dnsname rather than register =>
> user:pass at pixaddress).

Just so that someone Googling in the future will know, I've had the
very same issue with the PIX firewalls, and the workaround does indeed
solve the problem.  Please note that in the bug report. It probably
wouldn't hurt to document that in the Wiki as well, if it's not
already done.

-Jared