[asterisk-dev] Violent Objections? CDR dst/dcontext probs in 1.4+ when a macro is involved.

Grey Man greyvoip at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 10 21:18:19 CDT 2007

Hi,

I've experienced condition 3 quite a few times although not from high load on the database but from the database crahsing or being restarted. The great thing about the cdr_odbc code is that it automatically attempts to re-connect (unlike the realtime odbc engine) and once it can CDR's start getting recorded normally.

I work in an ITSP and my 2c on cdr's would be that accuracy is currently a big problem, the existing situation where a SIP transfer results in a single CDR with the second destination overwriting the original one means transfers either have to be blocked or the cost absorbed when the inital call is to a higher value destination then the transferred call.

I've never really had a problem with the cdr recording mechanism but we are in a position if our database goes down then as we rely on realtime the whole shebang goes down and some missed cdr's are the least of our problems.  I would hate to see the cdr mechanism (or any other mechanism) be able to segfault asterisk I'd much rather have a flood of warning messages and missed cdr's. An asterisk crash and the loss of calls is the absolute worst thing that can happen, damage to our reputation for reliability costs a lot more than missed cdr's.

Greyman.

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all webmail accounts.