[asterisk-dev] Jitterbuffer for chan_misdn 1.4

Martin Vít vit at lam.cz
Wed Jul 4 16:29:20 CDT 2007

Russell Bryant wrote:
> Christian wrote:
>
>> what do you think about adding the  general jitterbuffer implementation
>> to chan_misdn in asterisk 1.4?  I know 1.4 is feature freezed, that's
>> why i'm asking you. Should we consider the lack of the jitterbuffer as a
>> bug? The patch to add the jitterbuffer is quite small, and will most
>> probably not introduce new issues (see #9960).
>>

> This certainly qualifies as a new feature, and thus is not appropriate
> for the 1.4 branch.

Although it is new feauture, it only activates jitter like for zaptel,
alsa etc, there were some other modifications, which added new feature
for chan_sip. So why not for mISDN?
Why there is no tolerance for this? Without jitter, bridge between SIP
and mISDN (off course on wireless) is very bad.

I can live without it, because i can patch it by my self, but other
users? Anyway, feature freez is feature freez...