[asterisk-dev] Dynamically Adding A Context

j j at intuitivecreations.com
Tue Jan 30 09:57:54 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 11:35 -0500, Andre Courchesne wrote:
> How about adding an incude in your extensions.conf like:
>
>     #include /etc/asterisk/extensions_dynamic*.conf
>
> Then you create files like extensions_dynamic-01.conf,
> extensions_dynamic-02.conf,... The only thing to do after this is
> perform a reload.
>
> If you need to do this from a remote from the actual asterisk box, you
> can SCP the extensions_dynamic-XX.conf files over and then perform a reload.

Unfortunately this wont work for what I'm trying to do.
I just posted an explanation of what I'm trying to do in a response in
the users group.

Here's the summary:
I'm updating proxy software (amsuite.sourceforge.net) which needs to
be able to figure out where Local channels actually map to for dynamic
agents.
  The only feasible way to do this in a truly dynamic sense is to call
the Local channel and wait for a Dial event.
  In order to do this, I have to add a couple quick extensions to the
dial plan dynamically, so I have to be able to add my own context.

> Andre
>
> p.s. this probably belongs in the asterisk-users group BTW

Yes, I know I double posted and I apologize, however I had a good reason
which I also explained in my last post to the users group. I don't
believe this is a "user" question as I'm not looking for an answer to my
specific setup but something that would work across *all* setups. No
"user" functionality seems to exist and I was hoping for some dev
insight.

Thanks!