[asterisk-dev] External TIming Source without zaptel

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jan 26 19:21:11 MST 2007

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 11:12:00PM -0200, Paulo Garcia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I´m looking for more informations how to implement external timinig source
> within Asterisk. We are developing a E1 Pri card and I couldn ´t understand
> where I can use my hardware timing source into Asterisk, since we don´t use
> zaptel (or ztdummy). My focus is still in Asterisk 1.2 but I think these
> things are the same in 1.4 as well.
>
> Any path to research will be appreciated.

The notes in http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8896 may be useful.

Look for "master" in zaptel.c.

BTW: speaking about that feature request: suppose I have a system with
an mISDN card that connects to the telco and syncs my system. But I have
some other Zaptel devices that connect local phones. How can I be sure
to get the mISDN timing to those devices?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com