[asterisk-dev] Out-of-band DTMF

Nitin Ahuja Nitin at ingenio.com
Thu Jan 11 15:54:54 MST 2007

Hi,

I have a 3PCC (b2bua) that accepts calls from an Asterisk and sends them
out to a proprietary mediaserver. The b2bua keeps itself in the SIP
signaling path and needs to "listen" to the DTMF coming out of the
Asterisk.

I have configured the Asterisk with dtmfmode=info but the problem is
that the mediaserver also needs to know about the DTMF and it cannot
handle INFOs.

As far as I could tell there is no way to do both rfc2833 and INFO for
dtmf?

Is it possible to do it via an app or AGI?

If I wanted to add a new dtmfmode to do both what should I be looking
at? Chan_sip.c or something else

Thanks

-n