[asterisk-dev] 0008660: Possible memory leak doing only inbound SIP handling

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jan 5 09:23:03 MST 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 11:03:51AM -0500, Andre Courchesne wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I would like to get feedbacks on the following bug:
>
>       http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8660
>

>  When trying to profile our Asterisk distribution, we ran test where a
> server would initiate SIP calls to a test server (UIT) running our
> distribution and the latest Asterisk packages. We found that doing only
> inbound SIP calls handling, the UIT free memory would slowly get lower
> and lower.
>
>  We performed the test against an earlier version of our distribution
> running Asterisk 1.0x as well as on Trixbox 2.0Beta2 and found similar
> results. We also performed the same tests on AsteriskNOW 1.4.0Beta2 with
> again similar results.
>
>  Thanks for any feedback.

First off, you can get more accurate data from 'ps u UID_OF_ASTERISK'

The UID of Asterisk is probably in the pid file under /var/run . . But
those numbers are still rather crude.

In addition, if you suspect a memory leak, it would help to rebuild
asterisk with memory allocation debugging support. This will allow you
to pin-point exactly from which allocation in the code the leak comes.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com