[asterisk-dev] Planning for AstriDevCon USA 2007

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jan 2 20:57:18 MST 2007

We have an offer to host another developer's conference, just like the
one we did in Pisa last year. This time it will be held in Atlanta, so
the developers in North America will have an easier time getting there :-)

The earliest we can get access to the facility is approximately May
10th; if we do what we did last year, we'll be there for four full days.
The facility will be centrally located, with easy access (on foot) to
shopping, restaurants, the Georgia Aquarium, etc.

At this point I'd like to find out how much interest there is in such an
event; while I'm not ready to take official requests to attend yet, we
need to do some planning for the number of people that would attend.

Just like the Pisa event, the facility (meeting rooms, lab rooms, etc.)
will be provided and there will also be high-speed Internet access
(wireless). Since the event will be held so close to Digium's main
office, we'll likely bring quite a few pieces of equipment with us, so
there should be plenty of servers, PSTN interface cards, phones, etc.
Basically, that means attendees will be responsible for bringing their
own laptop(s), and their own airfare/hotel accommodations.

If you would be interested in participating in this event, please email
me off-list to let me know. I won't take it as a commitment... this is
only for planning purposes. If things work out, we'll start the official
process in about another month, to give people plenty of time to get
inexpensive airfare.