[asterisk-dev] Integrating the Zaptel library into the mainline kernel

Daniel Gonzalez gonvaled at gonvaled.com
Wed Feb 28 01:29:33 MST 2007

Hi *,

In the scope of the Linux Driver Project, we are proceeding to
integrate into the kernel some drivers which depend on the Zaptel
library. We were thinking about using this chance to release also the
Zaptel header files, and eventually the Zaptel library itself.

Another - not so interesting - solution would be to just release the
subset of the Zaptel header files which are used by these new drivers,
and update them whenever a relevant Zaptel version is released. This
could prove difficult to track, and could eventually create conflicts
when installing a fresh Zaptel library (i.e. when doing an Asterisk
installation).

What is the position of the Asteriks people regarding this issue? In
case you have interest, we welcome suggestions on how to integrate the
Zaptel library. Currently we are thinking about using the
drivers/telephony subdirectory for it.

BR,
Daniel Gonzalez Valero