[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Developers Conference 2007

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Feb 27 15:03:25 MST 2007

>From May 22-25 in Atlanta, Georgia, a group of Asterisk developers will
be getting together for four days of hacking, coding, testing, designing
and otherwise beating on the Asterisk code base. The event will be
hosted at Georgia Tech University (thanks to the Georgia Tech
Information Security Center), and will be low-key and open only to
serious developers and contributors. We are expecting to keep the
attendance to 50 people or less, including the entire Digium Asterisk
development team (currently around 10 people).

If you wish to participate, please contact Kevin P. Fleming so he can
make arrangements with you. We will need to have the final list of
attendees in place by March 15th or so, so that hotel accommodations can
be scheduled. We will be staying on campus at the Georgia Tech hotel,
which is within walking distance of the conference facility. There is
also a free shuttle service to/from the nearby MARTA station, which will
make access from the airport and to downtown fairly easy for everyone.

Each attendee will be responsible for their own travel and lodging
costs; the conference sessions will include breakfast, lunch and
beverages, so attendees will also be responsible for their own dinner
arrangements. We will also provide wireless Internet access at both the
conference facility and the hotel for each participant.

This year we plan to focus our efforts on two major areas of Asterisk:
security (in all its forms) and unified communications (adding video,
text and other forms of messaging to Asterisk's existing support for
audio). We are also planning to invite key developers from other open
source projects to attend the event and work with us on interoperability
with their projects; as we get confirmations that they will attend we
will announce them so that other interested developers can also apply to
attend.

If you are interested in attending, send an email application to
kpfleming at digium.com including your name, your involvement with Asterisk
(or related projects), and who is sponsoring your attendance (if any
company or person is doing so). We will accept applications until March
15th, and then make the decisions about who we can accept based on their
level of contribution and the space available at the event. Those of who
you previously responded that you wanted to attend, rest assured your
names are already on the list!