[asterisk-dev] I'm working on Linksys SIP extensions (SPA9000 product) / big-picture question

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Mon Feb 19 09:10:22 MST 2007

On 2/19/07, James S. Blachly <j.blachly at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I am adding them to the asterisk source tree in a very
> non-modular, non-extensible way.

I'm shooting from the hip here, but I think the most important thing
(at least initially) would be to document what SIP messages the phone
is sending and expecting to receive.  This way, should you get too
busy to continue, someone else in the community can step up and work
on the coding in Asterisk.

As far as where in the SIP code in Asterisk to put the functionality,
I'll defer to Olle or the Digium engineers.  What do you guys think?!?

(Personally, I'd settle for getting the Shared Call Appearances
working on the Linksys phones, but that's another topic for another
day...)

-Jared