[asterisk-dev] 1.4svn bootstrap.sh fails with autoconf 2.59

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 7 14:29:52 MST 2007

Hi all,

Qwell mentioned on irc yesterday that autoconf 2.59 should work fine on
asterisk 1.4svn. Unfortunately bootstrap.sh fails on my FC6 box which
has autoconf 2.59. Steps to reproduce:

$ tar -xvzf asterisk-1.4.0.tar.gz
$ cd asterisk-1.4.0
$ patch -p1 < ../asterisk-1.4-svn53293.patch
$ perl -pi -e's,2.60,2.59,' configure.ac
$ ./bootstrap.sh

Error messages:

[patrick at localhost asterisk-1.4]$ ./bootstrap.sh
Generating the configure script ...
configure.ac:25: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_USE_SYSTEM_EXTENSIONS
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure:3791: error: possibly undefined macro: _AC_PATH_PROG_FEATURE_CHECK
configure:3792: error: possibly undefined macro: _AC_FEATURE_CHECK_LENGTH

I also tried autoconf and autoreconf in the top dir and they all give
the same errors. After ./bootstrap.sh I tried the configure command
which generated several errors:

[patrick at localhost asterisk-1.4]$ ./configure
./configure: line 1460: AC_USE_SYSTEM_EXTENSIONS: command not found
checking for uname... /bin/uname
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... ./configure: line 3791: syntax error near unexpected token `SED,'
./configure: line 3791: `     _AC_PATH_PROG_FEATURE_CHECK(SED, sed gsed,'

Does anyone with knowledge of the build system have a suggestion how to
fix this issue? My auto* voodoo is pretty non-existent so I appreciate
any feedback.

Thanks and regards,
Patrick