[asterisk-dev] make samples generated

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Sat Dec 29 23:44:01 CST 2007

On Saturday 29 December 2007 17:20:42 Marc Blanchet wrote:
>   I'm bouncing the idea to replace the static configs in the samples
> by the use of the Makefile variables and then to generate the right
> conf files at the make samples time. Example:
> configs/musiconhold.conf.sample:
> directory=$(ASTVARLIBDIR)/moh
>
> then make samples will generate:
>
> musiconhold.conf
> directory=/var/lib/asterisk/moh

Usually this is done the other way around. The config-reading code should
contain the configured prefix in the default value and the corresponding line
in the sample configuration should be commented out.

This is what was done a short time ago by Luigi Rizzo for asterisk.conf with
the various directories it contains, IIRC.