[asterisk-dev] make samples generated

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Sat Dec 29 16:20:42 CST 2007

Hi,
  while doing the port integration of Asterisk for Macosx, I
discovered that when Asterisk is not installed in the standard
directories, the sample configs are not updated accordingly.
Therefore, for example, the musiconhold.conf sample contains
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/moh , while the installed directory prefix
is /whatever, which means /whatever/lib/asterisk/moh. This creates
unnecessary warnings, specially for the first time users.
  I'm bouncing the idea to replace the static configs in the samples
by the use of the Makefile variables and then to generate the right
conf files at the make samples time. Example:
configs/musiconhold.conf.sample:
directory=$(ASTVARLIBDIR)/moh

then make samples will generate:

musiconhold.conf
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/moh

or

directory=/whatever/lib/asterisk/moh

depending on the prefix defined during installation.

side effect: the asterisk.conf file could then be generated the same
way.

Make sense?

Marc.