[asterisk-dev] Anybody here uses the patch in bug 7767?

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro jcastro at instant.com.br
Fri Dec 21 11:50:50 CST 2007

It's the patch that allows you to do things like:

exten => _4XXX,hint,SIP/${EXTEN}

I've just submitted an update to it so it applies to 1.4.16.1. Waiting
for the suits to accept my license agreement signature. And lo and
behold, it does work! But I get strange messages from the channel driver:

[Dec 21 15:30:49] DEBUG[18582] devicestate.c: No provider found,
checking channel drivers for SIP - ${EXTEN}
[Dec 21 15:30:49] DEBUG[18582] chan_sip.c: Checking device state for
peer ${EXTEN}

And then the NOTIFY message gets sent correctly. Weird. But my main
question is: what hope do I have of this patch making it into the
mainstream?

Juan