[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] kpfleming: branch 1.4 r3490 - /branches/1.4/

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Dec 15 09:15:35 CST 2007

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 11:47:32PM -0000, SVN commits to the Digium repositories wrote:
>
>> Author: kpfleming
>> Date: Fri Dec 14 17:47:31 2007
>> New Revision: 3490

>> Log:
>> (merging dtmf-twister branch plus a few fixes)
>>
>> move DTMF/MF generation into tonezone.c (libtonezone) so that it can happen at runtime instead of compile time; this allows for DTMF/MF to be different on a zone-by-zone basis without requiring a recompile of Zaptel
>>
>> set DTMF 'twist' for Brazil (zone 'br') to 2dB
>>

> Wow, that looks nice :-)

Nice, but a nation by nation twist is slightly questionable. Applying
twist at the source only seems to be appropriate for analogue paths. The
way some countries specify it is kinda vague. A number of DTMF
generators have a 2dB twist locked into them, but they were only ever
intended for analogue connections. I would question whether a 2dB twist
should ever be applied over a digital path.

Steve