[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] qwell: branch 1.4 r92696 - in /branches/1.4: channels/ main/

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Thu Dec 13 02:23:56 CST 2007

13 dec 2007 kl. 01.11 skrev SVN commits to the Digium repositories:

> Author: qwell
> Date: Wed Dec 12 18:11:09 2007
> New Revision: 92696

> Log:
> If a typo is found in a config file, we previous continued on with
> what was already loaded.
> We do not want to do this (see bug below for details).
>
> This makes it so that if a [ is found without a ], the entire config
> will fail, and nothing in it will be loaded.

While I understand the thinking and agree with the change for future
versions, I think this is
a pretty dramatical change to release code. Systems that is up and
running today will suddenly
fail because they had a typo somewhere in the config which really did
not affect their operations.

At least, you have to add a pretty heavy warning to the readme files.

Also, I'm a bit curious about the change to chan_sip, where you add
destruction to the
load_module event too, which will look confusing at start of Asterisk.
reload_config() is used when we initialize the SIP channel, not only
at re-load.

/O