[asterisk-dev] Unified Asterisk Interface

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 11:48:16 CST 2007

> One way to kinda hack around this is using FastAGI.  You can make your
> FastAGI server, also connect to asterisk via AMI and then you have both
> AGI and AMI available from the same application.
Yeah, as I already said, there are other ways to achieve the same.
However some of us don't like it or do not want a separate TCP
connection just to probably send the user to music on hold ( thinking
in a queue implementation using Async AGI ). Using Async AGI the user
will remain there ( in music on hold ) with no TCP connection active
for that channel. When an event let us know that an agent is ready to
receive it's call, then the manager stop the music on hold and execute
EXEC DIAL to send the channel with the free Agent.

> This is how adhearsion works.  Adhearsion went a step further and abstracted away the two APIs
> so you only have one interface to asterisk.
Yeah, I have not used Adhearsion, but sounds like a cool framework.

Moises Silva