[asterisk-dev] Unified Asterisk Interface

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 11:11:39 CST 2007

In article <c4d05cbe0712110738p5ab11494i7feb20bc1e841fe6 at mail.gmail.com>,
Moises Silva <moises.silva at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I can't see what would be gained by merging them, nor how this could
> > elegantly be achieved.  I use both, each for their intended purpose.
>
> This is my proposal: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11282
> What it is wrong with it?
> I really would appreciate your feedback about it, why is not "elegant"
> or "functional"?

Thanks for the link! Actually, it appears to be quite an elegant solution.
I haven't looked at the code, but as I understand the description, it
effectively allows the AMI to originate AGI commands to be sent to the
AGI's stdout, with the AGI response on stdin getting pushed back out as
the AMI response. Together with an AMI event at the start containing the
AGI environment, and presumably an AMI command to tell the AGI to return
to the dialplan.

Cheers
Tony
--