[asterisk-dev] Unified Asterisk Interface

David Roden dr at ina-germany.de
Tue Dec 11 07:53:08 CST 2007

On Monday 10 December 2007 18:20:47 Steven Critchfield wrote:

> If you want access to the core call handling like AGI, why not create
> your app down in the core of asterisk.

That's quickly answered: company policy. :)

Our software is written in Java, and rewriting it as an Asterisk application
would probably exceed all the budgets we have, monetary and timewise.

Also our backend layer is written in such a way that we could simply exchange
the Asterisk interface (using asterisk-java) I wrote with e.g. an interface
to a native library for card X from vendor Y. That independence is pretty
crucial as well.

> This one single API you wish to access is really in the core of
> asterisk.

Of course it is. ;) I just need it exposed because--as stated above--writing
an Asterisk application is simply out of the question. We don't even have C
programmers here.

	David