[asterisk-dev] DTMF end accepted without begin

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Mon Dec 3 10:31:48 CST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007, at 5:35 PM, John Aughey wrote:

> The begin frames (and associated end frames) are helpful to filter
> out short dtmf reads.  There's even a #define which specifies the
> minimum length of a dtmf tone.  One problem we're having is multiple
> dtmf detections on a noisy cell phone connection, which should be
> mostly filtered by knowing the begin and end time so that the length
> can be properly measured and filtered if needed.
>
> John

If you are running 1.4.15 (it should apply down to .12 as well I
believe) then you can try this patch.  We have a similar problem at
our site, except it is due to a junky NEC that is currently the front-
end to the Telco.  Tones would have a drop-out in the middle of them
so Asterisk was detected double digits.  i.e. they dial 235 and it
reads 2335.  With this patch the "wobble" tones are almost never an
issue anymore.

<http://www.blueboxmoon.com/bitweaver/blogs/view_post.php?post_id=10>

Daniel