[asterisk-dev] Application timeouts, Periodic and Scheduled Announcements

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Aug 29 17:01:34 CDT 2007

Russell Bryant wrote:

> Well, the way I was thinking about this, it couldn't live on the bridge, because
>  most applications don't involve a bridge.  For example, if you want to do any
> of these things while a channel is in VoiceMailMain, making it a bridge feature
> won't work.

Heh.... uh, well... yeah. In fact applications that manipulate the media
stream in any way in my mind are in fact 'channels' and should be
bridged to the incoming channel and not talk to it directly, but that's
a much larger change and maybe not even a welcome one :-)

If this is going to require a background thread anyway to implement this
functionality, I'd rather that be a thread servicing a single-channel
bridge than just a channel-attached thread, because if the the channel
does end up being bridged everything will already be setup for it.

Thoughts?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies