[asterisk-dev] Zaptel Config

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Aug 29 09:47:39 CDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 09:10:03AM -0500, Tony Plack wrote:
> I noticed that from version 1.4.4 to 1.4.5 (and 1.4.5.1) there was
> a change in the MakeFile from $(INSTALL_PREFIX) to $(DESTDIR) with
> no conversion.

Right. This was because INSTALL_PREFIX was used with two separate
meanings:

1. $prefix (e.g: /usr )
2. DESTDIR

> Is this a permanent change?

Yes, for now :-)

> It is my understanding that $(INSTALL_PREFIX) is more standard, is that true?

As I had no choice but to break the meaning there, I preferred to break
it in the most noticable way - the one that will produce errors, rather
than one that will break silently.

> I also notice that the install of tonezone.h has been moved from
> install-include to install-libs, doesn't it need to be in both places?

I frankly don't understand the purpose of the target "install-include".
Could you please explain what you think it is supposed to do?

> Lastly, includedir is pointed to ${prefix}/include.  It appears that
> prefix is by default root so include files are being placed in /include
> which is not correct. I believe that these should be exec_prefix which
> would place include files in /usr/include.
>
> Which of these need to be in the patch system.

# libdir, includedir and mandir are defined in makeopts (from
# configure).
# we use /sbin, rather than configure's $(sbindir) because we use /sbin
# for historical reasons.
BIN_DIR:=/sbin
LIB_DIR:=$(libdir)
INC_DIR:=$(includedir)/zaptel

Looking in makeopts, as suggested (the comment above was added for
greppers), you'll see:

prefix = /usr
exec_prefix = ${prefix}

bindir = ${exec_prefix}/bin