[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] file: trunk r80468 - /trunk/channels/chan_sip.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Aug 23 14:16:55 CDT 2007

SVN commits to the Asterisk project wrote:

> Log:
> If no default language has been specified print out that it will default to english when using sip show peer or sip show user.

This is only partially correct; the default will be English for things
like SayNumber and SayDate, but will be whatever sound files the admin
has installed in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds for prompt playback.

I suspect that a large number of users outside the US and the UK don't
explicitly set their local language on all their SIP/IAX2 entries, but
instead just put their local language files in place of the default
English ones and go one about their business... but I could be wrong. If
that is true, then this comment would be inaccurate for those people.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies