[asterisk-dev] AMI command for SIP Notify

Igor A. Goncharovsky igi-go at ya.ru
Thu Aug 23 02:47:29 CDT 2007

Olle E Johansson writes:
> However, this is a syntax I've never seen for AMI. We really ned an
> "attachment" for this or the ability to have multiple headers with the same name.  I can't
> remember if we ever have that, don't think so. When sending, we would simply do a list.
> At some point, it would be better to have peer groups and send a notify to the group.

Yes, we need something like attachment. Or there is no other way, other
the specify multiple values with same name.
Idea with peer groups not so good: If external app want to notificate
device, it can notify any set of devices.
>> But name "Peer" already in use. Should I use other name or  use
>> peer in format "Techology/Name"?
>>
> As this is a SIP specific peer, we might want to use SIPpeer, or even
> better, SIPdevice
OK, SIPdevice looks like good name. As I know there are no same
techology for other protocols and therefore no need to use peer name
with technology.
Also question: is it need to make response with confirmation of notify
sent? I think yes, when we get 200 OK from device.

--
Best regards,
Goncharovsky Igor