[asterisk-dev] DTMF detection in dsp.c intolerant?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 10:19:57 CDT 2007

In article <46CC455A.7030500 at fnords.org>,
Eric \"ManxPower\" Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
> Zoa wrote:
> >
> > Relaxdtmf should give more false positives instead of less detections. ?
> >
> It will miss digits when you have 2 or more of the same digit in a row.
>   Example: sent 5551212 and asterisk sees 51212 or 551212

In my case, with relaxdtmf=yes, it misread 82779736 as 8277936, so it
correctly decoded the repeated 7s but missed a single 7 between 9 and 3.

Looking at the parts of the code in dsp.c that depend on the relaxdtmf
bit in digitmode, it seems more to do with relative amplitudes of the
tones than with the timing of repeated digits.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield