[asterisk-dev] DTMF detection in dsp.c intolerant?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 09:04:20 CDT 2007

In article <46CC3389.1090704 at fnords.org>,
Eric \"ManxPower\" Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
> relaxdtmf=yes is the most common cause of this issue.

I'm not sure whether you mean relaxdtmf=yes is supposed to make it worse
or better, but I have tried both settings. The systems originally had
relaxdtmf=no, and when we started getting these missing digit problems,
I tried changing it to relaxdtmf=yes. It didn't solve the problem, but
the current setting is "yes".

Looking at the code, it appears that relaxdtmf just allows a larger
difference in the amplitude of the two tones, and tolerates a bit more
second harmonic of the Row tone.

I think the problem is more fundamental than relaxdtmf.

I might end up having to abstract the Asterisk dsp routines into a test
harness and feeding my captured audio to them, but that will be time
consuming, and I'm hoping for other ideas to try first.

Cheers
Tony

--
Tony Mountifield